Our staff is well-trained, experienced and professional with a conscientious attitude toward our clients.
Click here to read more about our agents and other staff members here at Kohlnhofer. Also, consider this article found on eHow:
How to Find a Good Insurance Agent
By: an eHow Contributor
In general, there are two types of insurance agents - independent agents who write for more than one company and contract agents who represent a single company.
Things You'll Need
- Car Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Storm Insurance
- Contact at least five different agents. Consider using an insurance broker who can help you comparison shop.
- Consider the agent's office and professional staff. Ask for customer references and contact some of them to find out how they like the agent and their services.
- Ask for printouts of any proposal they offer.
- Ask for the A. M. Best rating of the company offering the policy. Best is the oldest industry monitoring company. An A or A++ rating from Best signifies a good reputation and solid financial foundation.
- Deal only with an agent who wants to sell a policy you need and can afford rather than the policy that he or she wants to sell you.
Tips & Warnings
- Seek out an agent that listens.
- A good agent will ask questions about your insurance needs.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the agent's recommendations and advice. Don't do business with someone you don't like; find another agent who represents the same company.
- In addition to price and personality, evaluate how quickly an agent responds to your needs.
- Avoid agents who won't take seriously your concerns about buying the best coverage possible for the least amount of premium.